Repairs band saw, handsaw, and circular saw blades by performing the following duties.
* Examines saw for defects.
* Cuts broken teeth from saw. Forms teeth on saw blade by beveling joints on grinder and welding or brazing them together.
* Brazes or welds cracks in saw blades.
* Straightens twists and kinks in blades and hammers out dents in blade on metal table.
* Computes number and angle of teeth to produce specified cut. Adjusts cutting width of teeth as needed.
* Clamps blade in saw filing machine and adjusts for distance between teeth, angle of bevel, and depth of cut of file or abrasive wheel.
* Operates machine that automatically grinds and files saw teeth.
* Helps reinstall saw in machinery.
* Checks thicknesses and widths daily on the edgers.
* Responsible for maintaining equipment in which the saws are used.
* Carbide saw sharpening experience preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Pay ranges from $18-24 per hour based on previous experience. Benefits include health & dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k).
We are always interested in hearing from motivated individuals with backgrounds in any of the following: building material sales, forklift operators, moulder operators, lumber graders, sawyers, or with experience in other aspects of lumber manufacturing.
Pukall Lumber is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by Federal or State law.